Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Invalid Operation Exception Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hi guys, I was helping my girlfriend install a game on her computer the other night and she kept getting errors not allowing her to finish it. I recognized them as Windows Errors for NET 1.1+ and possibly something else. I then checked around to see if she had missed any windows updates which she had, so I had her install to the current standing ones and try again. She is now just getting one error in particular that says: Error System Invalid Operation Exception Error Cannot process the request because the process (2620) has exited.Then it lists strings of boolean items and it won't go away without forcing an Alt+Control+Delete. I have attached a screenshot of the error just in case. Anyone know how I can help her fix this? By the way, she is running an older Windows XP machine.

Attached File  PIC13.tmp.jpg   239.19KB   5 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,731 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

<<I recognized them as Windows Errors for NET 1.1+ and possibly something else...>>

Based on what, please? What were the exact messages?

Did you uninstall/reinstall MS.NET 1.1?

System manufacturer and model?

Is NET 1.1 the latest version of NET installed?

Louis

#3 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Yes I'm sorry, one of the previous errors, I can't recall the exact error but it mentioned runtime errors/run .dll issues and it brought up MS.NET and it wasn't installed at the time so I had her install it. The current version of NET installed is 3.5 I believe. I'm unsure on the manufacturer and model at the time being but I can give you more information referring to that very soon. Thanks for the fast response

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,731 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

The reason that I asked for the ssytem manufactuer and model...is that some versions of systems (Media Center Edition systems) which were sold by the various OEMs (Dell, HP, etc.) all came with NET 1.1 installed and the owners of these systems should not attempt to uninstall that version.

It's a fundamental part of the Windows install...on those systems only.

On the other hand...any version of NET Framework which is not on an MCE system and was not installed as part of the O/S...can be removed. Reasons for removing would include a damaged version, which may lead to unexpected errors.

At today's date, all of us who don't have an MCE system...can probably get by with removing all versions...and then installing either NET 3.5, SP1 or NET 4.0.

Another point...the only systems that really need to have NET installed...are the MCD systems and any system whereby having NET installed is a prerequisite for installing programs/drivers. ATI drivers call for NET, as does the nLite program. Those are the only two instances I have experienced, but there are others. My experience is that such programs will clearly state and otherwise indicate that some version of NET is required before proper installation can occur.

Tool for uninstalling, Dotnetfix Cleanup Tools - http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

NET 3.5, SP1 Download

Louis

#5 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Ok so what you want me to try then is to uninstall and reinstall MS NET using that tool? I just got the computer manufactuerer and model for you it is a Compaq SR 1834NX. Hope this help troubleshooting.

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,731 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

To reply, you don't need to quote...there's only 2 of us posting and don't think either of us will get confused over who said what :) .

A reference that may be useful, http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=22959&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1841851

So, that system is a MCE system...and it should have NET 1.1 installed.

Is that the case?

If NET 1.1 is not currently on that system...I suggest that you download/install NET 1.1 Download .

If NET 1.1 IS currently installed...I suggest that you run the tool previously linked to...my understanding is that it will repair the possibly damaged NET version 1.1 on the system.

Basic reference: Troubleshoot MS.NET 1.1 Issues

I've not had a Media Center system, so I can't tell you from direct experience what to do. But Microsoft seems to think that the above reference (which is the same tool I linked to earlier, my link is more current) will allow you to uninstall and then reinstall 1.1.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#7 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

Ok thanks I will keep this updated after I try what you suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users