Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SQL Server Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dk1984

dk1984

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Morning everyone,

I just inherited this machine at work but it has a few startup issues that I need your help on. Upon initial startup (before completely loading the desktop) an error popup saying "Your SQL Server insdtallation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (could not open SQLEVN70.RLL). Please uninstall then re-run setup to correct this problem."

I've never done this before, could someone help with a step-by-step? I would really appreciate the help

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

You might have a look here.

About a third of the way down the page is a "possible solution" by an "andydc3".

It will start with: "I had the same problem, and I didn't have the duplicate/empty folders that the previous reply mentioned. Here's how I solved it:
I went to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\Resources\1033 and found that there resided a good...."

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 dk1984

dk1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:55 PM