Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to install Dual Monitors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mars0110

Mars0110

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hello All,

I have a Dell Optiplex 360 desktop with a ATI radeon HD 2400 Pro video card. I want to install 2 monitors to this desktop but I'm not certain if this video card supports that capability. I have a Dell 20 LCD monitor that will use the analog connection and a 20" apple cinema display. I've connected both but I only see the apple monitor working and don't receive any output through the dell monitor, only sound.

I've gone into diplay properties and into settings tab, I click on Identify and it shows the apple monitor as 1 but when I select the second monitor and click on Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor it, nothing happens the dell monitor stays sleep mode.

The apple monitor is connected via the DVI and the Dell via the analog.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mars

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

"◦Two independent display controllers
•Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays for each display"

Per http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-2000/hd-2400/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-2400-gpu-specs.aspx

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users