Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 keeps restoring randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ravensd

Ravensd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

Just got a brand new laptop, and its already causing me no end of grief. Have Windows 7, and my computer has recently taken upon itself to randomly restore to previous states. This is really getting annoying, and I am unsure if it is virus related. Have AVG on the point it keeps restoring to, but I have been attempting to switch, and when i do, the other programs find an SVCHOST trojan. I have removed it, but then it comes back with each system restore. I even reformatted the hard drive and installed Windows from fresh, and it again restored to that same point. Really could use some help with this. Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2011 - 08:32 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

If you have malware it isn't the computers fault.

I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users