Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Speeds Slow One One Computer in Network

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 imikedesigns

imikedesigns

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Win XP Pro SP2

Hey everyone. I have an issue that's driving me nuts. All of a sudden my internet download speed seems to have dropped. But, when viewing my connection or doing online speed tests, the speeds are actually great. I cannot stream video most of the time and images take longer than ever before to load. Web pages sometimes load fast and other times they will hang for a little while before downloading. If I try to download a file, my download box pops up but takes at least a minute or two to begin showing progress. Its as if im behind a proxy or something. The real kicker is that when im in safe mode with networking my speeds are great. My actually system is working as smooth as ever. Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users