Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP printer an macbook issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 docscott

docscott

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

I have a Macbook Pro and recently purchased an HP Officejet 6500A Plus all in one printer. Everytime, overnight, my computer looses connectivity to the printer (wirleless). I have to restart the computer and then it finds the printer and all is fine, until the same thing
the next day. Printer screen states that it is connected, but computer states that the printer is not connected and the only way for it to find it is to restart the computer. Any idea what is going on here, I didn't get too much help at the HP Help forums.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Are the drivers up to date? Apple menu > Software Update.

#3 docscott

docscott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

yes I have the latest driver for the HP printer and my Mac has all the latest software installed. What is unusual is that my compute can find the printer over the network but if I try to print to it, it states it is not connected. The printer itself shows that it is connected if you look at the printer LCD.

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

There's some troubleshooting steps in this article that you can try.

If your Mac has 10.5.x troubleshooting steps are here.

#5 JoliCiel

JoliCiel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

Your ip address seems to be dynamic. You can assign a static ip address or you can inquiry about that to your ISP provider. After that, just delete your printer on the print queue, reset the printing system (it depends on your Operating System)restart your computer then re-add the printer back to the print queue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users