Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jerome

jerome

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:41 PM

I am running on Windows XP and am having problems with my audio breaking up and slowing down. Any audio file that is played does this. I am also having problems with shut down time taking quite awhile. It takes my computer 4-5 minutes to shut down. I have tried restoring my computer and that does not seem to work. Any help would be aprpecitated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:52 PM

Have you cleaned out your temp file? Run disk cleanup?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:32 AM

I am running on Windows XP and am having problems with my audio breaking up and slowing down. Any audio file that is played does this. I am also having problems with shut down time taking quite awhile. It takes my computer 4-5 minutes to shut down. I have tried restoring my computer and that does not seem to work. Any help would be aprpecitated. :thumbsup:

Try do a clean out. Do not attempt to do any restoration unless it is your final resort. Restoration if done not complying to the root of the problem, would only increase and give more problem. If shutting down takes quite a while, there are bound to be programs running at the back ground and if it takes too long, it would attempt to ask user to force end program......sometimes it might be missing files that keeps the program running and sometimes would be that multiple programs are running and your windows does not have enough V.memory to cope with it. It would also happen to booting up. Perhaps i can offer you a check list....go to control panel>add remove program. Check the pograms you have and make sure there are no programs that conflict with another.....e.g NAV and Macafee.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users