Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SD Card Recovery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fyryce

Fyryce

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

Good Afternoon,

Here's the dilemma...I was using my Olympus waterproof camera down south for the last week, everything was fine...the last day I was taking pictures about 6 pics in the camera said "format card", at which time i shut it down...when I removed the card to inspect in it seemed damp, so I'm guessing water got in (thanks Olympus!!)...I tried to let it dry out and when I installed it in my laptop it wants to reformat it again...if I'm not mistaken, reformatting would wipe it clean...is there any way of retrieving the photos on this card??? Thanks in advance..

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thomasjk

thomasjk

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

Try one from this list http://www.online-tech-tips.com/free-software-downloads/free-photo-recovery-software/

#3 Fyryce

Fyryce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

thanks I'll let you know what happens :)

#4 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

You can use Seagate File Recovery for Windows, as long as your computer can detect the SD card, it will scan it from the very beginning to end, and display all the files it detected and ask which you would like to recover, while saving the file structure.

#5 Computer Attempter

Computer Attempter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

Wondershare photo recovery trial version has worked for me,
make sure you store the SD card somewhere and dont use it after you lost the files, otherwise they are easily overwritten.

#6 Kayla_Harris_0909

Kayla_Harris_0909

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

There are a lot of data recovery tools on the internet. I just want to tell you that: do not purchase any data recovery tools unless it has found the lost files you want.

#7 fouryon

fouryon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

FinalDate is great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users