Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop "freezing"/everything "freezing"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JeroenV

JeroenV

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:06 AM

Ok so since today my desktop on my laptop would suddenly "freeze" i can move my mouse around and everything but can't click on a thing, this also happens in programs. if i alt tab and go back then it works again. should i format my hard drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:53 AM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 JeroenV

JeroenV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

nothing is different i haven't installed a single thing since yesterday and in the morning it worked fine and then suddenly that happened... now i don't have the problem anymore but it happened quite a few times after another and rebooting did not solve it but it just dissapeared as suddenly as it came.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,554 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Your post is a little hard to read without any punctuation, but if I understand correctly you no longer have a problem.

#5 JeroenV

JeroenV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

oh sorry about that. and yes i don't have a problem anymore but it might happen again. it doesn't happen out of the blue does it?

#6 JeroenV

JeroenV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:26 AM

i think it's related to my touchpad not working properly anymore since i had it again today and i took my mouse and it worked properly again.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,554 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

oh sorry about that. and yes i don't have a problem anymore but it might happen again. it doesn't happen out of the blue does it?

No, it's been my experience that few computer problems happen "out of the blue". Still, every once in a while........ :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users