Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost win 7 ultimate install cd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kidshy

kidshy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

I feel silly for makeing such a huge mistake but. I am useing win 7 ultimate 64 bit and I never made rescue cd I do have

files backed up on carbonite but no hard copy. I installed sp1 but got a fatal area code (C000009A ) and instructed to

insert instalation cd to corect witch is the point I have no idea what I did with it. How do I get another cd, a boot cd, or

restore win 7 ultimate to factory setting I dont want to restore to factory setting but do I have A choice after making such

dumb mistake.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

You can download a 64-bit Windows 7 recovery disk from here: http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

In case a recovery disk won't help you, you can borrow any Windows 7 64-bit installation disk. Just make sure it is a 64-bit installation disk. It does not have to be an Ultimate installation disk. A Windows 7 installation disk has all versions of Windows 7 on it, the activation code tells it which version to install. Just enter your activation code when prompted. Refer to this thread to see how all Windows 7 versions are included on the installation disks.
http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/09/17/how-to-extract-missing-system-files-from-the-dvd-of-windows-7vista/

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

I feel silly for makeing such a huge mistake but. I am useing win 7 ultimate 64 bit and I never made rescue cd I do have

files backed up on carbonite but no hard copy. I installed sp1 but got a fatal area code (C000009A ) and instructed to

insert instalation cd to corect witch is the point I have no idea what I did with it. How do I get another cd, a boot cd, or

restore win 7 ultimate to factory setting I dont want to restore to factory setting but do I have A choice after making such

dumb mistake.

Where did you get Windows 7 Ultimate in the first place? Did it come with your purchased Computer already installed? :whistle:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#5 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

I've found a similar problem and a possible solution that also plagues other Ultimate users. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/error-code-c000009a-problems-applying-update-to/365bb5ac-065f-422e-901b-843496ff1245
Their site has just undergone some 'upgrades' and you might have to try more than once to connect. I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users