Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Stylus 3000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marquis

Marquis

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

Greetings, all.
I have just acquired an older Epson wide format printer (Epson Color Stylus 3000), and when I try to print the test page, the printer begins to load the paper, runs the printhead once across the carriage, and returns a paper out error.
I cannot find any pieces of paper that would jam the paper path, the sheets go in smooth and straight,, and the form feed works fine. I've D/Led the drivers and docs from Epson, but so far, found nothing on this problem there.
Can anyone say what is goiing on here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:34 AM

Dear Marquis,

I don't have your model but I do own Epson printers and they can be very finicky. I find when my color stylus starts acting funny usually the nozzle is dirty.

Go into the Control Panel and double click Printer/Faxes. Locate your printer and right click on it. Look for Printing Preferences and click it. Go into the utilities tab and click the first process. After that is done, do the second process, after that is done, do the final process.

After you have cleaned and aligned, put a single/clean white 8.5/11 paper in feeder holder. Now print a test page from the same area.

Hopefully it will print but make sure you check the colors and lines. If it does not print or you could not do any of the above. Let me know.

I must tell you that Epson jet ink printers need an exact ink cartridge or damn close for it to work. I found that Unitedinkjet.com works great with my printer.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Marquis

Marquis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

Well, thanks for the hints, but...
I cannot run any paper thru it for a test, cuz when it tries to print, I get the Paper Out error. I've D/L'ed the drivers, ran as many of the tests as I could without paper, torn it apart, cleaned and put it back together again.
I have determined that the cartridges are nearly empty (opened one and looked), or maybe the ink delivery lines are plugged. Maybe that's the problem (but I don't think so).
If anyone else has any hints, please, step forward. This appears to be a nice, wide format printer, and it seems a waste to relegate it to a dumpster.
Thanks to all.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

How many possible paper paths does it have? Some printers had front feed/ rear feed/ manual feed options and depending which option was selected they would monitor a different sensor for paper out. Selecting the option could be by mechanical means or by software. E.g. setting the "paper release" lever to single sheet

There is a manual here: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...tegory=Products

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users