Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wired network adapter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crotonboy

Crotonboy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

My wired network adapter no longer displays when I open "view network connections". It was working fine until yesterday. I have a HP Compaq dc7100 SSF computer. OS is Windows XP Pro. I installed a usb adapter to get a wireless connection but want to go back to the wired connection. It uses a Broadcom driver for windows xp. I downloaded the network adapter driver from the HOP website for this computer but canot get it to display so am unable to use it. Hope someone can help.

I have attached the Network adapter file I used.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

There are a few possible reasons why it would not show up.

The first and most likely is: The network adapter has been disabled in the BIOS settings.
Reboot your computer and press F10 when it first shows anything on the screen. Go into networking and make sure the ethernet adapter is enabled.

The other reason it could be missing is you have a motherboard problem.

My first thoughts are the BIOS issue.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users