Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big dilemma

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:11 AM

Ok so now everyone thinks itís a CPU heat problem :thumbsup: but please its not that :flowers:

But here it is as best as I can

Im trying to make a pc for the tv and have used a bunch of older part.

Appollo Pro 133 mothboard, PIII 450, 256 ram, GF2 mx 200 32mg AGP, netgear network card. 4.51v Award Bios, 3.2gig samsung hard drive, samsung dvd. XP Pro

Ok this is just the basics. My problem is

Constant crashes from the operating system. On reinstall constant lock ups untill I put in a PII 333 CPU.

Observations.. everything in the PC is getting to hot to even touch. Not just cpu of graphics card but even the network cards chip was to hot to touch???

Could it be a currnet thing running through the bios? Maybe the power supply to low ?? Could it be earthing as the case is wood and there is nothing connecting the motherboard to the powersuply (other than the power cable).

Things I know. Its not: ram, cpu, graphics, drivers, harddrive, cd/dvd roms, air circulation (got the case open and a fan blowing in and it still heats up to much).

PLEASE help been working on this project for like 2 months and Im loosen my patence with it..

Scoobs

Edited by Scooby, 22 October 2004 - 09:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:47 AM

Maybe a short somewhere? (dont do this unless you like to get shocked)
Redneck voltage tester!
Lick your fingers really good or go run them under the sink water. Come back to pc and put finger on each part until you feel a overwelming tickle.
Then you know where the short is......
I just made it up thought it was funny!

I dont get one thing you said your making this for your tv? Whats that mean?

#3 Scooby

Scooby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

Im making it to place next to the tv (television) with a remot mouse and keyboard. Then designing up the desktop with large icons and the like to make it easy to suff the net, watch movies and play ROM games. :thumbsup:

but Im having a whole bunch of no luck.

Scobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users