Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tr/buzy.1506 when trying to print coupons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sarahlorrain

sarahlorrain

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

I have Windows Vista on a PC. When I try to print coupons, Avira finds tr/buzy.1506 in cpnprt2.cid and sometimes 68B6C5AAd01, whatever that means. This seems to have started on 2/25/11.

Many times, a site wants me to install a coupon printer, even though I have already done so. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hello sarah, what does Avira do next with this file? Quarantine it?
We need to get a second opion of this file as it may be a False Positive

If you can find we need to submit it for a scan and also send it to AVira.

Lets' upload this file for a second opinion on what it actually is..

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:
How to see hidden files in Windows

Please click this link-->Jotti

When the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit.
<filepath>suspect.file

Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.

If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/

For Avira
send the detected files to Avira's VRlab. Select "Suspected False Positive (Not Malware)" from the drop down menu for File type. You'll receive a complete report, which will be sent to the email address that you filled in the form from Avira's VRlab.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 sarahlorrain

sarahlorrain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Thank you for your reply. I also posted about this problem on the Avira forums and they, too, suggested that I submit it as a possible false positive. Before I do anything else, I'm going to see what they have to say. Apparently, I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. I'll let you know what happens!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

Thank you sarah, We would appreciate the update when you get it
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 lindaga35

lindaga35

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

I was just about to post about this myself, i use all you website and i get coupons there. Avira popped up the same thing as you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users