Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help! system tool virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 velma doo

velma doo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Hi, I was online earlier today when suddenly the programs I had open (google chrome,msn messenger,voip phone)started shutting down on their own. A system tools scan then started, although I have not downloaded any programs of that name, then it took over my wallpaper with a warning message that my computer is infected and everything you ever do is forever stored on it etc. I tried to re-start the computer but that did not work, I tried to open the system restore program but it won't let me. I am unable to start in safe mode or safe mode with networking. I finally managed to open system restore and started that but now all the icons on the desktop are gone as is the start menu and the task bar at the bottom of the screen. I am having to use a different computer to post this. Any help is very much appreciated. My operating system is windows xp, I have avast anti-virus and spybot installed.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum, due to the absence of any malware logs included. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,526 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

Take a look here: Remove System Tool and SystemTool (Uninstall Guide)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 velma doo

velma doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Hi Animal, thanks for your post but I have already looked at that solution but as I already said it will not start in safe mode and my start button has vanished. I am also unable to use the button on the keyboard that opens the start menu as it will not work any more due to the virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users