Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mic Won't Work on Webcom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crawfordc

crawfordc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Hello.
I recently bought a new webcam and everything is working fine except that the microphone is not working. I have tried numerous settings but nothing is working! There are two settings "Modem #0 Line Record" and "Realtek HD Audio Imput", if that helps. I have no idea what to do! HELP!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

"Realtek HD Audio Input"

This would be the option you would want to check the volume control on.

The other option is for a modem and does not have anything to do with your microphone not working in chat programs.

Make sure the MUTE option is not enabled and that the volume control is turned up.

Also make sure your microphone is plugged into the microphone input and not the line-in jack.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 06 March 2011 - 01:37 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:10 AM

Details of the webcam, please? Maybe the manufacturer included a product guide with the product or on their website?

Also, if you have a standalone microphone connected or configured for your computer, make sure you disable the same, so as to enable the Webcam's built-in microphone.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users