Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java uploader causing problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Killer Instinct

The Killer Instinct

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

Guys I need some help regarding Sun Java Uploader.

I've been using Adrive Online Storage for a few months and have been thoroughly backing up my media collection and now all of a sudden the Java Applet that uploads the stuff seems to mess up and it always winds up in error. I've had this happen before but never in this frequency. When it happened before I would retry it and it would always go about its business and be alright. I think what happened was that my Firewall would get in the way. It also seems that the upload window for the Java is refreshing or something to that effect. It turns white for a second or two at most and then returns to its original look.

Below is what the Java Upload box looks like.

Posted Image

There's really no reason for it now though, considering I take precaution beforehand.

The error box comes up and it says "Error Occured" and nothing else.

I tried the Adrive support forum but they only responded once and it wasn't even relevant to what I asked they only wanted to know what the error message said. I would have tried the Sun Java website for support but their FAQ has nothing relating to this, and their live help costs money.

Posted Image

I tried this on two different sets of files, the first set was my Frank Zappa Collection. This was particularly strange because I was able to upload a good three quarters of the material onto the servers without incident, but the last part was the one that gave me trouble. I figured that those files were corrupted and I deleted them. I then proceeded to gather my Chemical brothers collection shown above and start uploading them but the same thing happened. Note that I've tried several times to correct what's going on roughly 3-4 times at least.

I initially thought that it was because I had a slightly outdated version of Java(A new release had come out the week before). And I promptly downloaded and installed the new version without incident and tried again to no avail. I also tried clearing the Java Cache from the Control Panel but that didn't work either.

This is so strange since I've never run into something like this.

I run WinXP Pro with SP3, Firefox and my Anti-Virus/Firewall is Commodo Full Free Version. I disable it when I upload to make sure nothing gets corrupted.

Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by The Killer Instinct, 27 February 2011 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

How did you disable your anti-virus/firewall?

#3 The Killer Instinct

The Killer Instinct
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

I merely right clicked the icon in the tray and hit the exit button.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

Thats not disabling it, that is merely exiting the tray icon. To disable it, you have to do so via Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.

#5 The Killer Instinct

The Killer Instinct
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

Right clicking it and then clicking the quit button asks if you want to disable this application or not. So I believe it does, since it's an all in one package. Even still using the Firewall during my uploads rarely makes a difference since I've been successful even with it running, I just disable as an added precaution.

Also I found a thread saying that his files over 400Mb fail everytime which is somewhat similar to my own.

I really don't know if this is Java's fault or the site but I certainly hope that it's Java's so it can get resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users