Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can only connect to certain websites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

running xp pro media centre SP3.......my 'homepage' consists of 7 news pages.....google, smh.com.au, australiannews,dailytelegraph......reddit....aljazeera etc etc......when i double click Firefox....all 7 connect in approx 5 seconds.
HOWEVER....this afternoon....i double click,as usual, and google and aljazeera connect....but NOTHING else.
BC connects (otherwise i would not be here !!)....bigpond.com.au connects....yahoo messenger connects.....AIM does not...
Yahoo will not complete a search......sydney morning herald will not load its website when searched for,.....daily telegraph australia will also not load its website .

So...to summarise....google works fine, will find anything searched for....IF THE SEARCHED ITEM RELATES TO NEWS IT WILL NOT LOAD IT !!!
am i going troppo??
My wifes pc has two home pages...google and yahoo.....google loads fast....yahoo will not load at all.
What am i missing here ??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:22 AM

OK...problem solved......in attempting to solve this problem (before i posted to BC), I turned off the modem/router for approx 30 seconds and then turned it back on again. This made no difference to the problem i was experiencing.
After posting to BC,I attempted to fix the problem a number of ways, and eventually in frustration I turned the modem/router off again.......but this time I left it off for a solid 5 minutes.
Turned it back on.....hey presto!!! All good again.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users