Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"aw snap" troubles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BADGUYSKI

BADGUYSKI

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

i run windows 7,windows firewall, google chrome and avast free on my laptop and i keep getting that aw snap page coming up.
i have run rkill malwarebytes and super anti...any other ideas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

the only time I get this is when flash is out of date and crashes. Make sure your flash is up to date.

#3 BADGUYSKI

BADGUYSKI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:50 AM

when i tried to update it it said
"Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available"
it really is just an annoyance because it will load the page the second time, but i would love to get this fixed.

#4 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

maybe anti virus or firewall is blocking certain things.

check the logs if you have them and see if the sites you are trying to view are being blocked.

#5 BADGUYSKI

BADGUYSKI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

i removed the theme like they said and now i'm try'in again...if it works i'll post
it does appear to be random sites, but my regular sites that i use everyday it may do it for yahoo finance once then let me go on the next five times, then it will let me go on joytiq and stop me the next time.
it seemed to start after i finally got rid of the search takeover bug i had????
gonna keep pluggin away.
thanks

Edited by BADGUYSKI, 27 February 2011 - 01:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users