Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Out Of Options With Bf2, Plese Help Me?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 bane83

bane83

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:55 PM

HI

this is unbelievable! Story goes like this......first I downloaded demo and played really enjoyed the game....use to play everything on high except texture and lightning they were on medium and AA on 4x. It was smooth as silk so I decided to buy full version and I did, graph setting remained the same, game working very well. So i decided to buy SF now!! This is where all my problems started and I wish I never bought it, after installing it setting couldn't work on high anymore so i lowered it to medium......and guess what??? i get low frame records even on medium now??? i mean wtf??? Guys i have tried everything possible, replacing drivers, even bought a stronger power supply, over clocked my card to max!! Uninstalled SF ........and problem remains....I just don't get it .....why???? How come i could play it on high before and now i am having trouble even playing it on medium??? please help? Oh yeah i get about 40 fps second, it variets up to 70 and goes even down do 25 sometimes.

my configuration is

AMD 3700+
ge force 6600 GT pci - x well overclocked to 580/1200
1.5 GB ram
400 W ps
tweaked graph drivers, did try forceware 81.95 problem remains

will p robably sell the game, very disappointed.

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:06 PM

People always complained that Counter Strike: Source was very buggy and had a lot of problems. But I think Battlefield 2 takes the cake. I recall BF2 having a lot of bugs and the 1.01 patch created so many more problems that the makers told everybody to just reinstall the game till patch 1.02.

I don't know what exactly might cause the problem, but I recall hearing that Special Forces was also released with a crap load of bugs. I don't know if that would be the cause of your problem or not though.

#3 bane83

bane83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:27 PM

well the thing is how come it worked before and now its laggy as hell. You are probably right about that patch, but u need to have the latest one (1.12) to be able to play right??? could it be my net connection which is 256 down and 128 up??

thanks

and yes SF expansion pack is even worse, more laggy.....more bugs.....

Edited by bane83, 19 December 2005 - 07:28 PM.

#4 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:45 PM

i play BF2 every day with no problems, but i also had the problems when installing the SF expansion pack..........i bought it on line and downloaded from EA, upon installing the damn expansion installed patch 1.02, when i was running version 1.12, so i had to reinstall the 1.12 patch, but i had serveral issues with the game for over a week.
I ended up reformatting with a fresh copy of XP...........then done all the usual updates from Microsoft, installed BF2 and applied patch 1.12. All the problems had gone, so i kept playing BF2 for about a week then tried the EA download again, this time it installed without the stupid 1.02 patch (which i think EA had overlooked at first release and rectified in the week or so since i tried last). Everything works fine now, even SF.

So i would try unistalling BF2 and BF2:SF them reinstall in this order.........BF2, patch 1.12, then BF2:SF. See if that works, if not then try reformatting.

BF2 is just too good of a game to give up on!

Chief.

#5 bane83

bane83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:00 PM

lol......oh man!!! i hate reinstalling the whole sytem again, did that one month ago because of a virus! but u your right the game is too good so its worth it, will reinstall XP in one hour. However there is one problem though with installing BF 2 in order that you mentioned. when i bought SF i already had BF2 and 1.12 patch installed and then when i installed expansion it didn't work, i had no servers to play at all?? so my prob remains even if i do a fresh copy of windows now the prob will appear again when install SF again? The thing is i have special forces DVD and and it installs the patch (1.02) while it installs the game. ohhhhh or should i just throw the SF in the rubbish!!

thank you

is there any chance of installing SF without patch 1.02??? it does it automatically does it???

Edited by bane83, 19 December 2005 - 09:06 PM.

#6 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:26 PM

oh man. I heard that purchasing it online was absolutly terrible, riddled with problems. Which is why I am thankful for Steam.

*edit* and you'll need the 1.12 patch to play online. Since the 1.12 patch integrates BF2 with the expansion.

Edited by Wizdabest, 19 December 2005 - 10:11 PM.

#7 bane83

bane83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:11 AM

nope!! didn't help me at all! :thumbsup: I went through all that hassle for nothing......ohhhh well! I just need to know one thing, is it because of the patch or my graph card, but then when i think about it how come it worked before....... :flowers:

thanks

Edited by bane83, 20 December 2005 - 02:12 AM.

#8 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:06 PM

Update all your drivers (video card, sound card, chipset) especially if you just reformatted. Windows will only install the basic drivers to get you up and running.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#9 bane83

bane83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:00 AM

I did mate, and how many times, tried all kind of drives....tweaked...forceware....all that are there! I cant even tell the difference between lag and choppiness any more?? starting to suspect my 256 down and 128 up internet connection now, maybe its that, although my ping is never higher than 70. :thumbsup:

thanks

#10 bane83

bane83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:58 AM

HI

I think I solved my prob, found out that my gamespy wasnt installed properly! Just downloaded a fresh updated copy and tested demo, it works like before it think, everything on high amost plus AA on 4x. Its wierd ei?? will try full version tommorow and let u know hot it went.

#11 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:27 AM

That could have been the problem. I've heard that messing with gamespy arcade (Though I find no reason for keeping it other than I have to...) can (and probably will) screw up stuff in BF2.

#12 bane83

bane83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:48 AM

Hi

my probs are back now listen to this, i have just figured out that i have lagg even when browsing on internet......scrolling the page down....etc....thats probably why i have feeling that my game is lagging??

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME and tell me why is this???

thank you

#13 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:08 AM

If it laggs even when scrolling with the browser, then it sound like you've got problems with the video card drivers. Try doing a clean install of them. Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#14 bane83

bane83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

is it possible that there is something wrong with the graph card and yet it still plays the game? some IC might be dead or something like that!! :thumbsup:

thanks

Edited by bane83, 22 December 2005 - 11:36 PM.

#15 Xantalen

Xantalen

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:24 AM

From what I've seen, the expansion is just a really unstable game for a butt load of ppl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users