Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro only

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 consumerx

consumerx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

62 years old computer enthusiast. Sure is odd how some things are named. That mobile cannon was named a "tank" to confuse spies during it's Great War development in Britain. All communications headed "water tank". "Computer"? At first it was, but now so much more, the world at your location and an aid to all endeavors. Mind expanding artifical memory bank, teacher, entertainer, partner in business both legitimate and illegimate. What a Revolution we are experiencing, individually and as man-kind. And I was just getting used to the telephone....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

They are indeed wonders and wondrously bedeviling aren't they? No other invention of human genius has ever been so successfully turned to so many disparate tasks. Mainly, though, I use mine for blowing away animated zombies with high-powered firearms. :whistle:

Welcome!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

Computers may be as important to civilisation as was the wheel.
Thanks for joining, and welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users