Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMP 11 on Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 B5Anteros

B5Anteros

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Hi,

A few months ago I was able to finally get WMP 11 to play my FLAC files. I just got around to noticing however, that WMP 11 does not list them in the library. I can only see them in my Windows Explorer folders (which itself won't list common info on FLAC files except for "name" and "type.") From there I have the choice to play them with whatever audio program I want to use.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to get WMP 11 to list the FLAC files in the library. I had to jump a few hoops to get it to even play them but I just thought I'd ask. And yes, I'm aware of VLC player. :-)

Thanks

HP Envy 1417c = Intel i7 3770 at 3.4 GHz = 12 GB RAM = Pegatron 2AD5 Motherboard = 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 Disk Device = Several External HD's = 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 = Windows 8 64 bit = Mozilla Firefox = Avast Free = Windows Defender.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

You need the flac codec. http://flac.sourceforge.net/

#3 B5Anteros

B5Anteros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

I think I installed everything Vista related on that page and I still can't get WMP 11 to list the FLAC files in the library. Oh well. Thank you for the site. :)

HP Envy 1417c = Intel i7 3770 at 3.4 GHz = 12 GB RAM = Pegatron 2AD5 Motherboard = 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 Disk Device = Several External HD's = 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 = Windows 8 64 bit = Mozilla Firefox = Avast Free = Windows Defender.

#4 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:08 PM

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. FWIW I run windows 7 and itunes 10 and it works fine. You might want to give itunes a whirl or winamp or foobar or upgrade to wmp12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users