Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word2011 for mac Record macro doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

I'd like to be able to open a template I configured by clicking a toolbar button. With Word 2011 I have to click the template button, then click My Templates, then select the template I use most often from the others, then click the choose button. So I tried recording a macro and went thru all those steps. But when I run the macro, I get the blank template opened, not my template.

I can't "write" in Visual Basic, but here is what was recorded in VB
Sub NewNotes()
'
' NewNotes Macro
'
'
    Documents.Add Template:="Normal.dotm", NewTemplate:=False, DocumentType:=0
End Sub

I tried editing the code to Add Template:="Notes.dot", which is the name of my template. Then I tried also changing NewTemplate:=True. I get a runtime error 4198 command failed. I don't know what DocumentType:=0 does.

Because I'm running Word 2003 in a virtual machine, I use .dot templates in 2011 instead of .dotm and I save my documents in .doc instead of .docx so I can open the docs saved in 2011 in 2003. I tried creating a Notes.dotm template and recording the macro, but when I ran the macro I got the blank template instead of Notes.dotm

Anyone know how I can edit the macro to make it open Notes.doc or Notes.docm?
mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users