Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Amazon Sign-in page

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BigDaddyKDG

BigDaddyKDG

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

On our wireless laptop, we are unable to access the "sign-in" page on Amazon.com. It hangs, each time we click. (Our desktop has no problem.) Yesterday we reset the router, and it connected. Today it got hung up again, and won't access the sign in page. We have called Amazon, and it is not an issue on their end. We clean our cache regularly, and are using Windows 7, IE 8, Any suggestions? All other sign-ins, including secure sites, are working just fine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

Exactly what happens when you try?

#3 BigDaddyKDG

BigDaddyKDG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hi - Well, when we click on "sign-in" the tab at the top shows amazon and the little blue circle just goes round and round - the page is completely blank. Stays that way for a long time, doesn't go to "not responding" or anything. Just hangs there!

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

So you can get to the sign in page, but you just can't sign in - is that correct? Or are you unable to actually even get to that page?
Have you tried deleting all Amazon Cookies along with the index.dat file? If so, try resetting your hosts file: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Edited by Allan, 26 February 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#5 BigDaddyKDG

BigDaddyKDG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hi - No, we cannot even get to the sign in page, it doesn't even load. We do delete cookies regularly. We will try the index.dat file, and also go to the support link to see how to reset the host file. I will be away for a bit, but will post the results when I get back. Thanks!

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Sure thing. Easiest way to delete index.dat is with a third party app such as ccleaner

#7 BigDaddyKDG

BigDaddyKDG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

I ran CCleaner (w/ index.dat checked). I run it about twice a week already. I then used your link to go to the Microsoft page and used their "Fix It" program and it still doesn't work. This seems so odd. I could sign on to to 20 or more sites including banks, this site (Bleeping Computer), etc. but cannot sign on to Amazon.

I did get to Amazon home page through a Google search and tried to sign on from there and it hung there for a minute or two and then just went to a blank page with Amazon.com Sign In as the title tab.

Thanks

#8 BigDaddyKDG

BigDaddyKDG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hi Allan, please see above post first. Thanks again for your help. I just discovered I can sign on using my Chrome browser. Still can't using IE8 which I prefer to use. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users