Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quack...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Well, it suggested I say hi. I'll start by saying that I am socially challenged. If you met me in person you likely wouldn't notice anything. Many I've known for some time would even argue there's nothing wrong with me (not that I'm saying there's something wrong with me)
I've been diagnosed with Aspergers... look it up if you're curios. There are differences in how it can affect different people...

anyway... why would I bother mentioning it? Well on a message board, you have to socialize. This whole "introduce yourself" idea is weird to me. But more importantly, I sometimes try too hard to explain things and sometimes I ramble... and, sometimes people misunderstand me or miss the point I'm trying to make.
I joined the site because I'm working on a friend's computer(I'll start a topic about that soon). Normally I do my best to troubleshoot things myself... but sometimes you run into things you just don't understand. Years ago I was a part of castle cops. I liked it there. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like change very much. I haven't joined another computer forum since they shut down. It was almost devastating to me when they did. The thought of going somewhere else and having to readjust... yuck...
Well... here I am stuck needing to ask someone for help...
Some people on Homesteading Today recommended this site to someone once. I've heard of this site and likely have read many things here over the years using google to search problems...
But just now I googled "computer forums" and clicked on the first three they mentioned.
What did I use to choose this one over another? Members currently online. This one had fifty something while the other two only had around ten or twelve.

Anyway... I hope when I get to asking any questions that I'll be clear enough... um... can't think of anything else to say... well... quack...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

I think you will find a "new home" here at BC, which has a wealth of computer information and many knowledgeable Members more than willing to help with computer problems.
Thanks for joining and a very warm welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users