Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

loose power connection HP OfficeJet 4255 all-in-one

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geniesolver

geniesolver

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

Can anyone tell me how to dismantle my HP OfficeJet 4255 all-in-one? The power connector is loose, and when i connect the cable it arcs - printer tries to come on, it arcs, off. So I need to open the housing without breaking it and am not sure how to do it.

Then I need to fix/secure the power connector so that I can use the printer again.

Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

i have looked around (google, edonkey, gnutella, torrents) and i cannot find a service manual for this series of all in one. i would just get the screwdrivers out and go at it. most large devices are held together with screws. it is laptops and smaller devices that have hidden screws and plastic retaining clips. maybe you can take some photos and document the disassembly. posting it to the net may help someone else.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

I have always found that the best way to learn how to do something is to just do it. But yes just be sure you keep all of the screws in a place where you wont loose them as well as be sure to remember how you took it apart so you can put it back together.

Oh and glad to see you Caperdog!
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 geniesolver

geniesolver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. I can't figure out how to attach the 3 pics I took, but there are two screws at the back that go downwards (out) an 2 screws under the lid where the paper guides and roller are. Also 2 where the ink cartridges are - 1 on either side,and ditto where the phone reciever is on the other side Removing the screws doesn't really help because the printer has no obvious way of being dissasembled - a flat screwdriver into the join after back screws removed proved that if I twisted something would break!

I can get the back cover up halfway, lifted up over the connectors, but not up in the front.

Any ideas?

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

photos can be launched to http://photobucket.com/ then linked to in your post

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

Here is a tutorial on how to post pics on the forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14738.html
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users