Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD drive will not detect DVD's?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skorge729

skorge729

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hello!

I burned a DVD data disc in December 2010 full of Christmas pictures through the Windows burning process (not using a program to burn it like I usually did before, just using the way to burn it by clicking the disc and dragging the files)...there were a lot of photos on the disc, maybe 300+, and ever since then my DVD/CD "E-Drive" has not been working properly. Also, that data disc never worked correctly either...it was really slow, etc...anyone that tried to view it could see the pictures but it took a really long time to load each one. I've burned many discs before and never had this issue.

It will detect data CD's and DVD's...it will not detect video games that are DVD format or other DVDs for installing things (like I tried to install Adobe Master Suite). I can click on the drive and it says please insert a disc. Obviously, the disc is in there. :(

I tried a few things when I noticed it didn't work about a month ago, now I am instead trying to see if you guys can help me here.

I appreciate it. :)

Here is some information about my computer:

Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
Dell Inspirion 530
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
32-bit Operating System

Edited by skorge729, 25 February 2011 - 11:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

Have you tried going to device manager and unistalling the drive and rebooting the computer?

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 skorge729

skorge729
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

Have you tried going to device manager and unistalling the drive and rebooting the computer?

Bruce.

Hey Bruce, thank you for the quick reply. :)

I will do that right now and see what happens.

#4 skorge729

skorge729
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

Didn't seem to work. :(

I restarted my computer after uninstalling the DVD drive in the device manager. Once my computer was rebooted, I clicked on the E-Drive and it said please insert a disc. So, I ejected the disc, put it back in, clicked on the E-Drive and it said "Prepare this blank disc" with a spot for typing in the disc title.

I am using the disc I just used to install Adobe Master Suite on another computer so I know it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users