Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with a trojan issue on my Win XP Pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gabstercol

gabstercol

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hi there,

I need some help please with my computer. I have been at your site before and worked very well with the techs here to remove whatever was involved and here I am again. I had a trojan in my computer this week by the name of trojan Hiloti. I used malwarebytes antimalware and got it removed but I see that it is still forcing a process to run that has a strange name to the process, almost sounding like a Samoan word or something. I am so busy with my work and I use my computer all day everyday and I want this trojan out before it ends me up with a failing computer.

Please help me as soon as possible because the computer is still working good although I hear a lot of times that processes are starting up since I have set sounds to opening programs. I used the Trend Micro system cleaner in safe mode and it removed a trojan and I used malwarebytes anti malware and it removed 10 suspicious files including the trojan Hiloti but so far that is it. I also used a program called mbr dot exe to check the master boot record and it comes up clean.

Here is the name of the process that it shows in ACE Utilities that keeps starting up even though I keep killing it:

Fdahufolifasufol

the command and location where it is starting up is:

rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\omocitaqunuhog.dll",Startup

I am very in tune with what goes on in my computer and I watch my running programs very closely so I know exactly what Ace Utilities allows to start up and it is only a handful of processes. This one is brand new and I can't get it to stop and I want to get it to stop before it does some serious damage that will take down my computer or hijack my information.

Thank you for your help with this issue.

Gabstercol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users