Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant disconnects plz help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EternalisM

EternalisM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hello all! I recently had a virus and I think it messed up my internet connection settings somehow and my internet now disconnects every 40-50 seconds almost like clockwork every time so I'm thinking it could be one of 3 things, the virus could still be around after me scanning my comp with nearly every program known to man and that could be causing it or the settings need adjusted or windows is just damaged beyond repair. I've tried almost everything and this is my last try for help before I just reformat, I've tried all the connection repair programs none worked and I've tried manually adjusting settings and still no luck. So please could someone help me fix this?

Edited by hamluis, 26 February 2011 - 07:45 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Davkal

Davkal

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

what kind of connection are you using, a few ISP's now will disconnect users if they have a virus in their computer, i believe its cable companies doing this in some areas - have you contacted your ISP about the problem to see what they say. this is just one possibility.

#3 EternalisM

EternalisM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

I have another comp running fine on the same connection so it's definitely only this comp.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

I suggest, you start new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users