Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader version 9

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wdkoseck

wdkoseck

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

I have a Windows 7 machine that appears to be having problems with Adobe Reader - every time I run a scan it freezes on an Adobe file.

I try to uninstall Adobe and once it starts to gather information about the product the comuter just hangs. The only way out is to hold the power button down for 10 seconds so that it shuts down and when you turn it on it tells you that the pc did not shut down correctly.

I tried using CC Cleaner but that hangs as well.

What can I do to uninstall Adobe Reader to see if I can get past the errors that I am seeing?

This is on a Dell Insperion Laptop running Windows 7 Professional.

I can attempt to provide any additional information that is required.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400769.html

Louis

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

You can also try revo uninstaller: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_full_version_history.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users