Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ferris

ferris

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

I am very frustrated! First, my computer won't let me get on the internet anymore. It won't let me load any software. My help window closes every time I try to load it. I can't restore my computer. My taskmanager is having problems. I really don't know where to start. I will probably take it to a computer expert, but I wanted to see if I could solve it on my own first. Here's hoping someone can help me!

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

Can you download to a disk the HJT program in the HJT Forum on this site? Download it and expand it to a cd the place it in a folder on your computer while in safe mode. If you can run the HJT program and get a log I sure the HJT Team can guide through this. I have not used the HJT program in a while but I believe it is a stand alone executable and does not require installation. If you can download a live verison of linux Puppy or DSL you could even place it on the drive without starting XP. I know Puppy is designed to exsist on a FAT32 partition.
You seem to be in a bad way and am trying to give you a work around.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Edited by acklan, 19 December 2005 - 01:35 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

Hey ferris,

One thing I might like to add to acklan's suggestion, and that is to first read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within.

Like acklan suggestion, use a second computer for the downloads and then burn the programs to a disk to get them onto the infected computer if possible. If none of that is possible, then just get the HighJack This program on that computer as per acklan! Detailed instructions on how to post to the HighJack This forum here at BleepingComputer are contained in the Preparation Guide.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 19 December 2005 - 02:58 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users