Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Display During Install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mariocubed

mariocubed

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hey everyone, I have a bit of an issue and thought I'd bring it here. The users on this site have been amongst the most knowledgeable I've seen on the net. So anyhow, I have this laptop with a broken screen running Windows Vista and I plan on wiping it clean and installing Windows Server 2008 to use as a media center PC in the bedroom. When logged on to Vista, I can use the function keys to pull up the external, however, I am unable to do the same during Server install. How can I remedy this issue?

I put this in the Windows 7 forum due to the similarities between 7 and Server 2008, the fact that it is not really a "server issue" I am having, and that this forum is more utilized. If this is unacceptable I will move or delete the topic. Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mariocubed

mariocubed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Update: I disabled the display drivers on the laptop through Vista, but it does not take effect until Vista has booted. Trying to run the install again left me with images displayed only on the broken screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users