I've run into a multitude of issues recently. I'm uncertain if they're all inter-related, so I will do my best to explain:
- Am using XP Pro in a domain environment / no viruses / no spyware.
- About a week ago, I noticed that when I shut down my computer, I receive an error re: connections tray and I am forced to click on "end now" in order to shut down the machine. I didn't see any major implications, so I just ignored it since I rarely shut down my machine.
- Yesterday, I noticed that mobsync.exe was using 50% of my CPU and winlogon.exe the other 50%. I would terminate the mobsync.exe process, but it would pop back up. I disabled mobsync.exe via msconfig and that problem is now gone, however, winlogon.exe still remains at 50%.
- Yesterday, in attempting to fix above, I also noticed that when winlogon.exe wasn't acting up, system would. Today, that does not appear to be the case, but the day is young
- Right now, my computer is functioning at 50% while winlogon.exe eats 50% cpu.
Has anyone encountered anything similar?