Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Air Installation issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ixcuincle

ixcuincle

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

I've tried to google this repeatedly but the issue is outdated, isn't addressed, or doesn't provide a viable solution. I've come here seeking help.

I'm a big fan of TweetDeck, which uses Adobe AIR to install updates. So TweetDeck released an update to their application, and I tried to install it yesterday. I kept getting errors about installation "Sorry an error has occurred". These issues have continued today, and I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Air in an effort to fix this issue.

I've tried performing many of the action suggested by Adobe Air's site in order to address this issue, including uninstalling and reinstalling the AIR software. It doesn't work. I've tried deleting the TweetDeck folder and the old version completely, and then installing the newer version, yet the error persists.

I don't have a clue what is wrong, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

At which point do you receive this error?

#3 ixcuincle

ixcuincle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:50 AM

I receive this error during installation of TweetDeck.

Adobe AIR seems to install fine without problem, though.

Edited by ixcuincle, 25 February 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Then its an issue with TweetDeck and not AIR. You need take this up with the developer of TweetDeck.

#5 ixcuincle

ixcuincle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

Okay, I will contact them and try to get the issue resolved. Thanks.

Alright, I went to the Tweetdeck site, and they have instructions there to resolve the issue. It's fixed now :)

Thanks for your help.

Edited by ixcuincle, 25 February 2011 - 10:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users