Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Office upgrade 03 to 10 - loosing my mind

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heavenzfury

heavenzfury

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:29 AM

okay, long story short, bought ms office 2010 and wife installed it onto the desktop. She ignored me when I said she should uninstall 03 first. After the reboot she started getting an error about pro11.msi, looked it up found an 2 answers, one was to reinstall 2003 from same disk but I don't have the disk office came installed on the pc. 2nd option looked too technical so i called the IT guy at work he looked around and found the same answer so I tried it out. Answer was to:
"Go into Registry Editor (Start, Run, "regedit"). Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Microsoft, Office, 11.0, Delivery. There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (mine was 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9). Select that directory. On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache. Change the value to 0."
now I am seeing a new error (Could not load file or assembly mom. implementation version=2.0.2720.25313, culture=neutral, publickeystoken = 90ba9c70f846762e or one of its dependencies. the system cannot find the specified files.) which appears to be a driver error with ATI graphics card I have. And on top of this the original error is still there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:15 AM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2010?

Has Office 2003 been uninstalled?

Download, install and run the free version of Revo Uninstaller. Remove all versions of Office.

For best results, use Advanced. If successful, and asked for a reboot, say no.

Then click Next to begin looking for leftover items. Check only the bold entries.

To make sure you get everything, if any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Check those items to delete. Click next and let it find files you can safely delete.

If a reboot was required, do so after deleting files and folders.

Reinstall Office 2010 and see if the problem is resolved.

#3 heavenzfury

heavenzfury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

Nevermind folks, a different IT guy just gave me a copy of "installer cleanup" and it got rid of Office entirely, so all i had to do was reinstall 2010. yippie no errors. Thanks again.

Evie, tried the uninstall and it wouldn't allow me to uninstall 03 without the disk because of the pro11.msi missing.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:20 AM

BTW, for future reference there's no reason to uninstall an old version first. Whatever happened wasn't because of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users