Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows powershell

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scorpia13

scorpia13

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:37 AM

Today, I found that I have a new program on my Vista called Microsoft powershell. I've seen it before, and I know what it's all about, but why was it on my computer, when I never installed it? Could it be some kind of new update? I scanned it with my antivirus, and there were no threats found. =/ I'm a bit scared, that it could be something that it's not.
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

It is fine it was a windows update that installed it I'm sure. So no need to worry to much about it, really no need to mess with it either. :)

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

I noticed the same thing yesterday on my XP install...but, as stated, I don't feel it's anything to worry about.

Louis

#4 JosiahK

JosiahK

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

It is fine. It's a microsoft program which allows you to control your machine with a command line interface, much like the simpler and earlier cmd.exe program. It is designed particularly for system administrators and has far more power than most people will ever need to use. Most tutorials that require a command line for anything work with cmd.exe and batch scripts. So as said you can probably just ignore it.
Quod non mortiferum, fortiorem me facit.
I don't read minds. Please help everyone by answering any questions and reporting on the results of any instructions. Query any concerns and explain problems or complications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users