Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Smart Engine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JDM1104

JDM1104

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

My laptop has been infected by something called "Smart Engine". It claims to detect viruses which it then offers to remove. I never accept the invitation, but it does interrupt operations every 15 minutes or so with a pop-up accompanied by a "scream" audio. My McAfee security does not detect any of these same viruses. I don't know if "Smart Engine" is malware, spyware, or whatever. I am just interested in getting rid of it. If anyone had encountered this and has instructions for removal, I would be grateful to hear from you. Thank you.

Edited by boopme, 24 February 2011 - 10:58 PM.
Moved to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hello, I've moved your topic to here (Am I Infected).

Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove Smart Engine .
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users