Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Air Conditioning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 help pl0x

help pl0x

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

I'll trade you guys a/c advice for computer advice? Lol. In all seriousness, I'm able to help with any a/c or heating problems one might encounter. Leave a post here and I'll do my best to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kryptonite

Kryptonite

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

Hey help pl0x's,

It took me a little extra time to sign in today because neither Firefox nor Explorer will launch. I'm access BC from Outlook.

Trying to reslove my own Heating/AC problem ( minor in my own estimation ) was met with sales pitches basically for one of two things. 1 A service plan and 2 A new Unit. 1 cost about $200.00 2 8500 ( ya better hurry before the gov tax credit ends ) ( and, "Oh, by the way: you may qualify for local credits and rebates. Let me give you the information to read about 'how you apply'." i honestly wonder how many people see the angle here and how many resent it as i do...selling me on "such a deal!"

Is it REALLY about "safety"?

Is there a furnace approved sealant ( like caulk )

Thanks

#3 Particalzman

Particalzman

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

No fire safe caulking really that I know of, there is furnace tape, not DUCT tape. Furnace tape is made of a metallic material used to close off duct work and vent pipes. Not sure it will work for you application but it's out there

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

If you have cracks in your fire box you really have come to the end of safe usage of that heater. There are some products out there that are "suggested" for use with wood burning stoves. Specifically... a caulk which is rated at 2000 degrees F by Rutland, you will have to do your own search for it. When the fire box reaches the point where it starts cracking you are looking at other dangers, like carbon monoxide poisoning. At that point the gasses don't exhaust as the should because of other leaks in the exhaust system.

Here's the tried and true method... Get bids from contractors in your area. If you have questions about them you can call your local contractor's licensing board to check their pedigree. If you get enough bids that suggest the same treatment you will have a good idea of what you need to do.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users