Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 SP 1 problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

I installed the SP1 update on all thee of my machines. Now my desktop continually restarts about every 10 minutes or so. The other two seem fine. :crazy:
UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnHaymond

JohnHaymond

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:13 AM

Greetings, sudsy.

You might try going to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Startup and Recovery settings. Make sure 'Automatically restart' is not checked.

The next time your machine crashes, you may be presented with a BSOD instead of a restart - try to record the error messages.
One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.
-- Alphonse Bertillon

#3 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

OK, I have been watching this for a while now and decided the following.

The computer is not "restarting". The screen goes blank, the monitor says No Signal, Then all the drive lights flash (like on restart) and everything goes back to normal. This all happens in less that 15 seconds. So it's not a reboot. Could it be the driver for the NVDIA video card? I updated once. Maybe roll it back? Other than that Win 7 running good on the machine now. I also recently changed the power supply to a Corsair 600W The power seems to drop briefly when all the drives are spinning. But I think that's to be expected. I can see it in the case lights. The machine is clean and the temps are great! Kool huh!

Raidmax ATX case
Asus K8V Deluxe MB
AMD Athlon 3400 proc
3 G ram
NVDIA GeForce 5900 graphics card
Soundblaster digital 5.1

Soap :crazy: :crazy:
UFO pilot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users