Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rods66

Rods66

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Hi I seem to have a Trojan Horse

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop
with windows XP Pro, Service pack 3,
Pentum 4cpu 2.40Gz,
2GB ram 1.58ghz
60gb hard drive i think its a Travelstar ATA/IDE Internal drive.
And a 1.5 Tb Seagate external backup drive.
I have AVG Internet security.
using AVG Fire wall.
and Malwarebytes anti-Malware.
I got a vires even thou i had AVG Internet sec. installed, that's when i first found your sight, looking for help. but did not ask for help because i read your info for nubis.
i seam to have gotten rid of the virus and my computer was running OK then.
so i was trying to speed up my computer so i tried several things like trying to fix the speed by cleaning my computer, but to no avail. and got a warning from AVG as i was doing a scan at the same time that i was trying to speed it up, that I had a Trojan horse (Trojan horse Generic21.MLB)According to AVG .
In C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (1384):|memory_001d0000.
typed exactly as on my screen , AVG says its inaccessible and it cant get to it, and the Malwarebites does not see it at all.
IE is now super slow and freezes up and the desktop icons flash on and off and blink.
I would be vary great full if some one could help me
Thanks Rods66

Edited by Rods66, 24 February 2011 - 10:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Hello and welcome. We will need you to post some other logs here to be reviewed by our Malware Team.

Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users