Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstall programs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kendur

kendur

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

I copied all the contents off my harddrive to a disc drive, as the laptop was giving trouble.
I restored the factory settings on the laptop and now want to reinstall some of the programs (starting with Adobe cs5).
Can anyone tell me how to reinstall the programs.

I am greatful for any help

Rodger_D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

Moving to a section where this will get more views since this is not a programming question.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:17 AM

You can't transfer software from another drive into a Windows installation, software has to be set up by the program's own installer. (With a very few exceptions of small programs that have been designed to operate as a portable type of install.)

The programs will have to be installed again from their original installation discs. You will be able to copy across any data files you were working on previously with the programs.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

Just to add to the above post, in the future you might want to consider using disk imaging software on a regular basis. It is the best backup solution and avoids problems such as you have encountered.

#5 Rootkit Hunter

Rootkit Hunter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

Just to add to the above post, in the future you might want to consider using disk imaging software on a regular basis. It is the best backup solution and avoids problems such as you have encountered.

This is good advice, I think establishing a baseline system and saving it using an imaging program like PING will save you a TON of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users