Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dll Problem (re: Kernel64.exe)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gialde

gialde

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:42 AM

I recently experienced a problem regarding my kernel64.exe file. When I attempt to launch a remote email/browser for my wife's employer it fails due to a run-time error '-2147023782 (8007045a)' and states a DLL initialization has failed. I run AVG and Adware Filter. I believe it is looking for this kernel64 file in my registry as I receive an error on startup stating it cannot execute the kernel64 line (that's not the exact message but something to that effect). I would like to solve this problem as my system is completely problem-free otherwise. I have browsed this site a bit and find your help refreshing and informative and apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere on here. Please redirect me if that is so. I'm looking forward to any help you can give. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:05 AM

Welcome to BC giadle.
The kernal64.exe is a virus. You should follow the recommendation in the HJT forum.
Please read this link, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/, and follow it to the letter. Once you have created a HJT log please create a NEW TOPIC in the HJT forum and post it. This is the link to the HJT forum, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ .
Once you have posted the HJT log please do not reply to your own post. The HJT Team will review your HJT log and contact you. Each computer and it's problems are unquie. The HJT Team will develop a unquie solution for your computer.
The HJT Team looks a the number of replies and if they do not see 0 replies they assume you are being help and will pass you over delaying you getting the help you deserve.
Please be patient and you will be helped.

Merry Christmas.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users