Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivira AV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Machariel

Machariel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hello Everyone!

A few hours ago my computer was infected with one of those fake antivirus programs, this one is called AntiVira AV, my first attempt at getting rid of it was to run a full scan of MalwareBytes, this told me i had no virus', i thought this was strange but didnt have much time to think since i was being bombarded with fake 'virus' reports from the rogue program, upto now i have installed spyware doctor and Rkill in safe mode with networking, i tried running spyware doctor in safemode but it just freezes up, i then went into normal mode on my PC and tried to run RKill, I clicked it's icon on my desktop then a few seconds later the icon was removed and nothing happened, i cannot start spyware doctor, malwarebytes or pretty much anything else while im in normal mode either...

So here is my question, what do i do now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users