Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Data Execution Protection problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jercon

jercon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hi! I am having a problem logging on to Internet Explorer 8. When I click on IE to log on I get a message saying that Internet cannot display webpage. Then I click on Diagnose Connection Problems and I'm told that they find no problem with my internet connection. It then sends me to Windows Network Diagnostics and they tell me they will work on the problem. I have a Dell PC with Vista Home Premium AMD ATHLON ™ 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5600 with 3 GB Ram. I want to know if there is a way to get rid of Windows Data Execution Protection program because it is preventing me from doing things I need to do on my computer and I already have Norton Antivirus loaded and working on my PC. I have tried don't know what they are asking for ie: Facebook or is it a website such as www.google.com. Anyways it hasn't worked for me and I already was sooooo dissapointed with this new PC with Vista on it. Please help in any way possible before I send this PC out the door.
Thanks,
Jercon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Are you sure it's DEP causing the problem? Anyway, here's the answer to your question: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/120778-dep-enable-disable.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users