Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse With A Mind Of Its Own

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 siouxdax

siouxdax

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

I'm having some serious mouse issues. First off, I use the Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard (S510 / Y-RAK73), which has been very reliable
in the few years I have owned it. But recently my mouse has been exhibiting strange behavior. Frequently it will not detect my mouse clicks, so
I often have to click a link two or three times before it goes through. It does this in both my internet browser any everywhere else a link or
button needs to be clicked. On the internet sometimes a click will create a "ghost" image of the link or button in question and then follow
wherever I move my mouse. I then have to hit ESC to get rid of it, then retry clicking the link/button. The "ghosting" only occurs online. Also,
sometimes the mouse won't want to move and will become jumpy, herky-jerky on the screen. I've made sure that there are fresh batteries in the
mouse, that the connection is good, even went as far as making the USB dongle closer to it, used different ports and made sure that the USB
connection itself isn't physically loose. I've gone through all the mouse settings and nothing seems to cure it. I cannot say that this issue is
continual and persistent; it just happens more often than not.

Anyone out there that may be able to help on this?

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

I suggest you contact Logitech. But bottom line, mice die.

If you want to make sure, connect a wired mouse and see if it works properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users