Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No audio, HP6630

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

If all else fails :flamethrower:
In the beginning there was the command line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 geh

geh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

If all else fails :flamethrower:

Eyesee,
Nope, I gona fix this box :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Greg

#18 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

Hang in there, Greg, I can really relate to what you are going through with it.

I remember that WIN98SE had quite a problem with an Audio Card quite some time back, only way to really fix it then was to remove all the Drivers and then the actual Audio Card and reboot up without it in. That completely removed everything, then shut down and refit Audio Card, Boot up and install Drivers again on Boot up. I just cant remember the exact Name of the Card, but it was quite popular in it's day and was in the Sound Blaster Family.

Maybe not hooking up any thing to the Audio System, such as Speakers, Mikes, etc just MAY help you Trouble shoot the little sucker?

I am very rusty on WIN98SE, but really LOVE that System. Properly maintained and run it is one of the most dependable of ALL Windows Systems.

Like others here I certainly will have my thinking cap on for you, Mate, Don't let it beat you.

If you are considering a Reformat and reinstall? May a Read of this thread first could help you to eliminate things included by others that MAYBE should not be there? Your Call, Mate?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic376877.html/page__st__15

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#19 geh

geh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hang in there, Greg, I can really relate to what you are going through with it.

I remember that WIN98SE had quite a problem with an Audio Card quite some time back, only way to really fix it then was to remove all the Drivers and then the actual Audio Card and reboot up without it in. That completely removed everything, then shut down and refit Audio Card, Boot up and install Drivers again on Boot up. I just cant remember the exact Name of the Card, but it was quite popular in it's day and was in the Sound Blaster Family.

Maybe not hooking up any thing to the Audio System, such as Speakers, Mikes, etc just MAY help you Trouble shoot the little sucker?

I am very rusty on WIN98SE, but really LOVE that System. Properly maintained and run it is one of the most dependable of ALL Windows Systems.

Like others here I certainly will have my thinking cap on for you, Mate, Don't let it beat you.

If you are considering a Reformat and reinstall? May a Read of this thread first could help you to eliminate things included by others that MAYBE should not be there? Your Call, Mate?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic376877.html/page__st__15

Ray.

Ray & All others,
Well spent some more time on the "dead Horse" this week end and still no audio. Checked the system ini
files and the sound driver line was in the boot ini just like it's supposed to be. I went over every thing that you all suggested and tried to get the older driver for the AC97 2.1 compliant codec/ sound and even that bombed. I was getting "please use the WHQL disc supplied by you computer manufacture, of course I don't have that. So as is goes now it will get a PCI sound card and that will be it, this is the most expensive "deal" that I ever got as far as time goes.
I'm just rather DISAPPOINTED that H/P has made it so hard to keep one of their old ones going. I have 4 older IBM's mid 1990's that I can still get most everything I need from their web site. I know that they'd all rather sell new, but you know I'll buy your product if you show me you really care and support even your old customers.
Again thank you all for your help!!! :thumbsup:

Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users