Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp pavilion 2000 laptop is getting heat early and heavily

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mumreen

mumreen

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

hp pavilion 2000 laptop is getting heat early and heavily, can any body guide me what i should do please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:01 AM

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/take-apart-hp-pavilion-dv2000-notebook-pc/
A guide on taking the laptop apart is here - Over heating is noted in these models -
Clean the inside and the fan area to help with the problem -

Thank You -

#3 Sector17

Sector17

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

Along the same lines, make sure the fan is actually functioning. If the fan has gone out, it will overhead quickly. It's an easy replacement, and you can probably get the part on eBay.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

Follow the first two suggestions given by Noknojon followed by checking as stated by Sector17.

Once you have the immediate problem resolved. A couple simple tips to help keep any\all lap tops running cooler.

Never use them on your lap. They named these PC`s very poorly. <_<

Lap tops by nature run warmer then most towers due to their compact design. The cooling\fan vents are located on the bottom and\or sides. Using them on any soft surface, your lap, bed, cushioned furniture, carpeted floor will only decrease the already poor air circulation by restricting or totally blocking these vents.

And, as already noted by Noknojon, heat is a known problem with this as well as other HP lap tops. But not exclusive to HP.

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

A lot of times when I am working on a laptop that runs hot I sumply prop it up with two doorstops, one on each side.

Thats a low tech solution to a high tech problem :busy:
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

A lot of times when I am working on a laptop that runs hot I sumply prop it up with two doorstops, one on each side.

Thats a low tech solution to a high tech problem :busy:

:thumbup2:

Many lap tops used to come with two little fold down legs. One at either rear corner. Did wonders for cooling.

When working on a clients lap top. Even on my hard bench I will prop up the back as well.

One of these days I`ll move into the 21st century and get a cooling pad. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users