Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:55 PM
My computer caught a bad case of XP Anti-spyware and nothing I could do would fix it. Well, while running a google search for "running mbam in safe mode" or something like that, I came upon your instructions for dealing with "those types" of programs. I decided I'd need to restart the computer no matter what I did. When I did, my VIPRE antivirus finally spotted the offending application, blocked it twice, and (I guess) deleted it, since the following scan came up clean and I couldn't find the program anywhere after that. The registry file provided on that page fixed my file extensions and my computer is now more or less fully functional! Thank you!