Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen after boot up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 air1

air1

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

I carefully read through yours and two other tutorials on hijackthis and fixed a few things, like an R0, R1, F1 R3 etc. I backed up all the changes. I didn't do anything crazy :woot: .

I restarted in safe mode to delete an 04. In safe mode a black screen came up with "safe mode" written in the four corners but nothing else came up. I restarted with the on off button and let it boot normally.

The Vista welcome screen came up and then it seems to load all the way to when it is time for the desktop to come up. But instead a blue sceen appears (more like a turquoise color). Just a blank screen. I hit control-alt-del and the screen appears where I can choose task manager. I did and the task manager shows processes running but no applications. I have run diagnostics on the hard drive it passed the quick, S.M.A.R.T., and the comprehensive test.

I don't know how to get to and run Hijackthis to restore the changes I made from the backup. (If that is what the problem is :whistle: )

Nooo - I'm not running multiple real time antisoftware I've evolved past that error.

My momma said I'm not too bright --but I can lift heavy things.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Well...why not start...at the beginning?

System manufacturer and model?

What problems were you having...prior to all your attempts at self-help?

Any messages onscreen indicating/identifying malware?

<<I didn't do anything crazy .>>

It's more important that we know...what you did...and why you did it.

Louis

#3 air1

air1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

I have a Compaq v6200us.
I downloaded Pdf creator from site that loaded on weather bug and other things I don't remember. My browser IE had problems and programs began to "not respond" intermittenly.
I could not uninstall Pdf creator from either Recuva or windows because the program would not show in the list. Weather bug did uninstall. I used "Everything" a file searcher to locate and delete all the files to Pdf creator. Then after a restart the Pdf creator Icon showed up in Recuva. I asked it to uninstall and it informed me that all the files were missing.

I was still having intermitten programs not responding but not as much and Ie worked fine.

I ran Mbam and it stopped responding at 35 min. I ran Trend micro online it came up clean. I ran superspyware it cleaned 3 adwares. I ran MSSE full scan and it removed 2 trojans and a bot (if I remember correctly).

I had one other program not respond after a while. I didn't think I had a problem anymore but wanted to be sure.
Plus for a month now my task bar splashes my screen about every ten seconds. I checked my start ups in winpatrol and I seem to have a new entry that is a dll deamon cache(something like that) with no name or directory to it and it was persistant about being on my start up list. It apperared at the time of the Pdf install. I couldn't find a reference to it on 5 different start up lists. But Winpatrol hinted that it might be for the operating system and it prompted me to allow it.

This is why I decided to learn hijack this. :P I can't remember all of what i fixed with Hijackthis as It took me 6 hrs as I was slow and carefull but the ares like winsop I think 010 and the others that they warned of I did no changes. I did however let Hijack put the missing comma at the end of Host file? or was it the ini file?

I maybe to determined to learn things I am not ready for. :huh:

Nooo - I'm not running multiple real time antisoftware I've evolved past that error.

#4 air1

air1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

When I tried to repair from safe boot after pushing f8, it said it failed to boot because a device is not accesible. It asaked me to put in the disk that came with the computer. Mine didn't but i have a system recovery dvd I ordered. Which will only return my computer to the original configuration.

Can I download what I need to run the system repair from the internet. I have access to another computer.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

Well...I'm kind of confused.

First...if it were my system, I would suspect that it's infected. That means that I would take a trip to the Am I Infected forum, unless I intended to delete everything and do a clean install.

Second...HJT is not an all-purpose malware tool that resolves all malware problems. I've already posted the pertinent info on using it.

<<Can I download what I need to run the system repair from the internet.>>

That question...carries a number of assumptions, IMO.

a. You know what is wrong with your system.

b. You know how to neutralize/correct whatever is wrong.

c. Whatever is wrong...is capable of being rectified by downloading/repairing...as opposed to removal/deletion.

d. There is/are...any number of magic fixes available on the Internet...for every type of computer problem.

I guess that I question the validity of those assumptions...and I would follow the course I stated in my first paragraph.

Louis

#6 air1

air1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Thank you hamluis for replying to my post.
I do appreciate your help.
I will take your advice and move.

FTR, new post in AII, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic381642.html/page__p__2148331#entry2148331 ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 26 February 2011 - 06:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users