Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hert

Hert

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Can Combofix delete a system file, if the file was Patchen virus and its MD5 is different from the original?

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2011 - 04:26 PM.
Moved from Am I Infected to AV, Firewall, Privacy Protection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,130 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

It is not recommended that users run ComboFix without proper assistance.

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

If you look at the top of this webpage...you will see that posters are urged NOT to run ComboFix.

My suggestion...provide all pertinent details (system manufacturer and model, details, etc.) that might contribute to someone assisting you with your malware situation.

Louis

#3 Hert

Hert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Yes have done everything according to instructions:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
I take a long time, but used only in extreme cases.
Could СF fixed MBR of hard disk? Because the file was removed from the operating system is not critical, not affecting the system boot, the OS should boot, but the hard disk disintegrated. I do not know if I can get a report utility from it, to know exactly the cause of failure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users